Creative. Fun. Bright and Cheery. Angela Marvel is a natural light Pierce County Photographer specializing in children, family, and senior photography. Angela Marvel travels to a location of your choice, using natural light and a patient and casual style to capture expressions and personality.
All content is Copyright 2007-2023 Angela Marvel Photography.



bestofbanner
facebookfacebookfacebookfacebookfacebook
Follow Angela Marvel Photography at:
facebook facebookfacebookfacebook

Friday, September 2, 2016

Washington State Fair Winner :)

Today is the opening of the Washington State Fair (Puyallup Fair) and I am so excited to finally share that 8 of my photos received awards!

I entered the Northwest International Exhibition of Photography held by PSA and the Washington State Photographers Exhibition.

In the International Competition, which is a juried show and prints are scored, I won 6 awards, 5 of which were major recognitions, and 2 of those were Fair MEDALS which are the 2nd highest award you can earn behind Best of Show and the highest award the Fair gives out.

My awards are as follows:

In Large Color Prints I won the Fair Medal for Originality for my photo "Alice":



I won Best of Portraits for "Net of Wonder"

In Large Monochrome I won Best of Children:


In Small Monochrome I won the Fair Medal for Originality for "Imaginary Twin":

I also won Best of Children for "Alex"

And I won a Judges Choice award for "Lost Soul"


Then in the Washngton State Exhibition I won 1st place in People with "Father's Hands":

And an honorable mention the Creative Category for "Totem Family":

If you get a chance go to the Washington State Fair between September 2-25 check them out!